Life is Precious: We Must All Stand for Life
Washington- U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), a vocal pro-life advocate, released the following statement regarding the 43rdAnniversary ofRoe vs. Wadeand March for Life taking place in Washington, DC today:
"All life is precious. Sadly, because of the Supreme Court's decision to legalize abortion in theRoe v. Wadecase forty-three years ago, more than 55 million Americanshave losttheir right to touch the soil of our great country. Our nation has seen the tragic effects of this decision on our families and in our communities. Every single elected official has a responsibility to work together to protect the unborn, and craft strong, pro-life policies like thoseI have proudly supported over my time in public life.
"I also want to applaud the tens of thousands of pro-life advocates from across South Carolina and around the country who are gathering in the snow in Washington to stand up for life. It is their work, their courage and their commitment to being a voice for those who do not have one that will continue to open hearts and minds on this vital issue."
Last year, Senator Scott co-led the congressional delegation for the March for Life and spoke about how he's worked to advance a pro-life agenda in Congress. He is currently a cosponsor of several key pieces of pro-life legislation, including:
- S. 1153 - Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- S. 582 - No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2015
- S. 2066 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- S. 1881 - A bill to prohibit Federal funding of Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- S. 1919 - A bill to amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to protect rights of conscience with regard to requirements for coverage of specific items and services, to amend the Public Health Service Act to prohibit certain abortion-related discrimination in governmental activities, and for other purposes.
Next Article Previous Article