Senator Scott Opposes Giving Biden Administration Blank Check
WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Tim Scott (R-S.C.) issued the following statement after voting no on H.R. 3746, which raises the debt limit:
“President Biden’s commitment to reckless spending is the reason you can’t trust him with an open checkbook from now until January 2025,” said Senator Scott. “If we don’t want our nation to default, we need to rein in Democrats’ out-of-control, inflationary spending – and this deal doesn’t do that. Instead, it sets us up to be worse off, doing the same song and dance time after time. It’s irresponsible and something I can’t vote for.”
- Makes historic COVID spending levels the new standard;
- Fails to rein in a weaponized Internal Revenue Service (IRS);
- Doesn’t prevent President Biden’s illegal student loan cancellation;
- Fails to combat the Green New Deal;
- Falls short on energy independence; and more.